Idea for the attack refills
2007.Jun.22, 02:45 PM
Idea for the attack refills
Hi, I was sitting here thinking about giving a 20$ to be able to do some attacks to try and get my lvl 32 before I leave for the week-end (it's Quebec's day this week-end!!) when I realized that I couldn't just donate a 20$ and get 40-50 attacks like before and I was wondering if there was any chance to get some modifications done for that so it would be more even for every level to get extra attacks using credits.

What I mean by more even is that at level 1, at lvl 10 and at lvl 30, you don't get to refill your energy the same amount of time with the same amount of credits and it's kinda bothering me.

Let's take the example of donating 20$ for 2300 credits or buying them at 250$ per [it's very cheap for these days prices and yet it comes to 250 * 2300 = 575 000$] (for this example, we assume that every player only uses 10 refills per 24 hours)
lvl 1 = 12 nrg = 2300/24 = 95,83 refills
lvl 5 = 20 nrg = 2300/40 = 57,5 refills
lvl 10 = 30 nrg = 2300/60 = 38,3 refills
lvl 20 = 50 nrg = 2300/100 = 23 refills
lvl 30 = 70 nrg = 2300/140 = 16,42 refills
lvl 40 = 90 nrg = 2300/180 = 12,77 refills --> 12 attacks for 575000$?!?! It's getting quite expensive
lvl 50 = 110 nrg = 2300/220 = 10,45 refills

In a way, I can understand the cost per energy refilled, for higher levels do train more because they have more energy and I can live with that (we could discuss it but that's not what I want to argue here) but the fact that it is easier and faster to gain lower levels and then add the fact we have to spend more credits to attack too seems to gives too much of an advantage to those lower guys (they've been crying so much that we had an advantage, it's our turn now to scream injustice Twisted).

Would it be possible to make it even for everyone and add something like an attack refiller that would cost the same credits for every1? It would be the same as the energy refills but instead, after using your energy, you could buy attacks by packs of 3 (just like getting full energy) and it would cost the same (let's use the average of the above example, lvl 20, so 23 refills or if you prefer 100 credits for 3 attacks, no matter your level).

I really don't feel like it's fair to have to donate 60$ or spend [250$ X 5760 credits = 1 440 000$] to buy credits so I can do 40 attacks like the lower guys with their 2300 credits or 20$...

What do you think?
-----------------------------------
This is what I sent to Zen and she didn't turned me down but asked me to post it to see what the general community was thinking of it.

Your thoughts??
2007.Jun.22, 03:31 PM

So your point is that the number of attacks you get for credits from a 20$ donation at any level should be the same?

Makes sense. One way to do this is to make the number of credits required for an energy refill depend on the number of attacks you do with a full energy bar.

Don't forget that the other thing you do with energy that you get from refills is training. So the number of attacks and the training has to be balanced somehow. You can prob do that by eliminating the posibility to top-up happiness... or at least make it more expensive.
2007.Jun.23, 12:05 AM

i couldnt read all that, cliff notes? two brief sentences?
2007.Jun.23, 05:03 AM

Yer I understand when you go to attack someone below leave them it could say spend 100 credits for a pack of 3 attacks. Like when in jail 25 credits to get out appears. Good idea and when you go to attack some one at the top it sais you have 3 free attacks to use. Something like that. Good idea and seems to be fairer. But your energy refills the same. If this is what you mean I like it. Razz
2007.Jun.25, 02:00 PM

badmanbren Wrote:Yer I understand when you go to attack someone below leave them it could say spend 100 credits for a pack of 3 attacks. Like when in jail 25 credits to get out appears. Good idea and when you go to attack some one at the top it sais you have 3 free attacks to use. Something like that. Good idea and seems to be fairer. But your energy refills the same. If this is what you mean I like it. Razz
That's exactly what I meant. Attacks are getting way too expensive as you leve and at that rate, since we know there is currently no limit for levels, someone approx. lvl 125 will have to pay 20$ or buy 1 millions$ worth of credits to have 4-5 attacks, its extreme but its how I see it.

Any other opinions?
2007.Jun.25, 02:26 PM

Im aganist it . Donators already have to much adventages
2007.Jun.25, 02:36 PM

This wouldn't affect the donators/non-donators thingy, simply even things for donators between levels.

I do know what you mean Rafal but I'm not looking for a way to get more advantages over non-donators but simply to not have a disadvantage between donators.
2007.Jun.25, 04:43 PM

Personally I think the point Hydro s putting across is valid, you should be able to buy attacks for even prices rather than based on your level. But in a way it could need a bit of tweaking as you need more enrgy to attack when you're a higher level but in relation you get energy quicker. So it becomes complicated lol. But I like the idea and think it would work pretty well. Biggrin
2007.Jun.25, 10:54 PM

It's tough to change the attack system this far into the game. Attacking takes energy. Attacks costing a "flat" rate of credits would have to use some alternative method instead of energy, otherwise people will use it for gym gains instead of it's intended use. That I can guarantee.

This makes me ask the question... should energy just be a flat number not altered by level? 100 points for everyone no matter the level. This would solve the problem of energy refills costing more credits. Donators would regenerate at a faster rate of course. I know that's a pretty drastic change from what we've had since the beginning but it is just an idea.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.25, 11:54 PM

personally zen, id keep it as it is, looking from a non donator point of view, the higher lvl you are the more crimes you can commit, the more money you can earn, the more credits you can buy. All seems to even out for me.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007