Poll: Do you like the old level power system or the new stat powered system?
Levels should have small modifiers.
Levels should go back to the old modifiers.
Keep the current system with mostly stats.
[Show Results]

New or old system?
2007.Apr.06, 11:06 AM

I agree on the randomness, but I beg to differ on the reason titus loses to you- there's the ever so slight factor that your stats still dominate his completely. It's not about the difference in rank, it's about the difference in dev points, and yours are far and away higher than his.

The combat system itself is good IMO, just would be nice if levels gave a little more than they did, I don't think it wants to go back to the old system.
2007.Apr.06, 11:16 AM

I like old system becouse it give you choose
it was hard to decide when you should attack when train
Now evryone just train :roll:
2007.Apr.06, 11:19 AM

Rafallol Wrote:I like old system becouse it give you choose
it was hard to decide when you should attack when train
Now evryone just train :roll:

This is a good way to put it. because its true, in this system the only time its worth attacking is to help keep your happiness high for training purposes. with the old system you had to level, but also make sure your stats weren't so low that even with modifiers they were overwhelmed.

that being said the old system was a little too level dependent. I think we should have it somewhere in between what we have now and what we had before.
2007.Apr.06, 11:22 AM

Its funny how fast the leveling race dropped off. =] coinsidence? i think not.
2007.Apr.06, 11:30 AM

this is the thing, it's gone from levelling being by far and away the priority, so people only trained if there were no targets at all- resulting in people almost permanently in hospital if they're not online. Then the system changed, and now it's the exact reverse- people only ever attack to regenerate happiness or war, never for xp. A point somewhere in between where you need to do both, training and levelling, would be nice- then you can choose which to do, knowing both have their benefits. Right now, when I attack I feel like I'm wasting EP, and am close to simply spending my EP every 40/45 minutes, so my happiness always remains at max.
2007.Apr.06, 11:32 AM

ofcorse that isnt coinsidence . Now game is much easier. You just train train and train. I wouldnt attack at all if i could keep my happines high
2007.Apr.06, 11:49 AM

I still see a benefit to leveling. Hit points increase, Zen has confirmed there is a modifier, and every few levels, energy refreshes faster.

Yes, of course it costs more to attack and bust people out. But gym gains increase, and the action cost for crimes remains the same.

I wouldn't call the game easier. Definitely more difficult for level heavy / stat poor players.

Another note, as of right now, the top 4 d******* in the game are all in the top 10 for attacks in the last 24 hours.
2007.Apr.06, 12:04 PM

it's not that it's easier, it's that there's less choice, and obviously less risk. There's no risk involved involved in training.

There are bonuses to levelling, true. But damn, they're SO minimal in comparison. I need to do over 300 attacks (IF I'm very lucky with xp, I'm more likely to need over 400) to get my next level. That, of course, is assuming I never get attacked (every 20 or so times I lose will drop me 1 attack) and never lose a battle (every time I lose a battle I lose 2 attacks worth). So it's a long haul to get those levels. When you weigh up what you ACTUALLY get from those levels in comparison to training, it feels like wasted EP. That's why just about no one levels now, everyone's training.
2007.Apr.06, 12:34 PM

Question to everyone who thinks levels don't play enough of a role in combat...what are you basing this off of?
2007.Apr.06, 12:38 PM

attacking people of similar stats but lower/higher level- the only difference is a very minor one, which is related to HP.

Titus can now kill me, with a 9 level disadvantage. Khan has been killing me for a long time with a 4 level disadvantage. They have a stat advantage, true- but the levels should count for more than they do. If I hit Theoden- I lose, despite a 4 level advantage, and his stats only being moderately better than mine.