Poll: Do you like the old level power system or the new stat powered system?
Levels should have small modifiers.
Levels should go back to the old modifiers.
Keep the current system with mostly stats.
[Show Results]

New or old system?
2007.Apr.06, 12:40 PM

LordSkie Wrote:If I hit Theoden- I lose, despite a 4 level advantage, and his stats only being moderately better than mine.

Isn't there some kind of defense boost factored in? Some ppl can attack me and lose, but then when I try them, I get smoked.
2007.Apr.06, 12:44 PM

yea, there is, and that could be a large reason why I'd lose to him when attacking.

There's also the question of how much damage is done by people, and how difficult they are to hit. Sam and Lostangel have very similar dexterity scores, but Lost has 2 extra levels. I hit them with the same frequency, for similar damage.
2007.Apr.06, 12:52 PM

LordSkie Wrote:attacking people of similar stats but lower/higher level- the only difference is a very minor one, which is related to HP.

Titus can now kill me, with a 9 level disadvantage. Khan has been killing me for a long time with a 4 level disadvantage. They have a stat advantage, true- but the levels should count for more than they do. If I hit Theoden- I lose, despite a 4 level advantage, and his stats only being moderately better than mine.

Titus and Khan have more than a stat advantage, they have a huge stat advantage. Khan is 4th in battle stats and Titus is 5th, and you are 14th.

As for Theoden, I don't see him having any stat advantage over you except for being ranked 2 places higher than you in acc, which probably isn't much of an advantage. So you have a level and a stat advantage and still lose. Not sure what to tell you there, lol.
2007.Apr.06, 12:58 PM

Chris Mangano Wrote:Titus and Khan have more than a stat advantage, they have a huge stat advantage. Khan is 4th in battle stats and Titus is 5th, and you are 14th.

As for Theoden, I don't see him having any stat advantage over you except for being ranked 2 places higher than you in acc, which probably isn't much of an advantage. So you have a level and a stat advantage and still lose. Not sure what to tell you there, lol.

Good point - it's a tough climb once you hit 30th or so in battle stats. Every place after that represents a significant amount of training.

There's also the "unknown" cyber modifications factor.
2007.Apr.06, 01:03 PM

I have to agree with Chris on that point. Having a guranteed win everytime isn't fun. There aren't many true tactics you can use in AL during combat, unlike a video game where you can change position or attack type mid fight, so there has to be some element of randomness to it.
2007.Apr.06, 01:04 PM

I also agree with chris' point, but I don't see how adding a more significant boost due to levels would change this.
2007.Apr.06, 01:09 PM

oh, I totally agree. Having a guaranteed win is not good in the slightest, I like the randomness.

And yes, they have a substantial stat advantage. In that case, ChiefEagle hasn't got such an advantage, and he's well capable of beating me also. The stat difference between us is higher now, but when it was a lot closer, he was still killing me more than losing.
2007.Apr.06, 01:12 PM

it's entirely possible that there is a factor that none of us have considered in regards to combat... making the relatively close stat battles give one player an edge on the other or closing the gap between two players with a larger gap in stats.
2007.Apr.06, 01:18 PM

We seem to have forgot 1 main thing. Cyber upgrades do not count in the ranking of stats.

I have the top resistance in the game (I'm pretty sure of that, did quite a few upgrades there, yet I'm still ranked 11th or 12th), making it harder for people to do high damage. And I did a lot of upgrades in all the other 3 stats too. So that can be a factor too even if no1 but me can see them.

Do you also use the same gears as me? T-450 and composite AL-203 armor?

And yes on the gang boost, if I attack you, I will also lose.
2007.Apr.06, 01:25 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:We seem to have forgot 1 main thing. Cyber upgrades do not count in the ranking of stats.

I didn't forget, T! Biggrin