Lottery
2007.Apr.06, 01:39 PM

so do you have a random number generator for the numbers 1-250 and will give out a randomly generated number to each person who buys a ticket and then draw a winning number? or will you just give out an arbitrary number to people who buy tickets and the arbitrarily choose a number that wins?
2007.Apr.06, 01:40 PM

or if no one hits it dead on, then the person(s) closest win a % of the pot or share a %. You guys give me some ideas and I will start a lottery

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Apr.06, 01:56 PM

So the lottery is now dead on the number? That sounds very good too. Higher amounts from carryovers is definitely good. NOW, we choose our number we want or do you assign it or what?
2007.Apr.06, 02:03 PM

Well maybe if the winning number is chosen first it would be fairer, but you would need a trusting witness to what the number is so they dont tell any1. Im thinking zenith if she agrees
2007.Apr.06, 02:11 PM

Hmm, there's 2 other possibilities here.

Use combinations of numbers (like choose 3 out of 50) and gives a %/fix amount based on how many you get. I.E. 3/3 gets you 100k, 2/3 gets you 20k and 1/3 gets you a free entry for the next draw or whatever prices you prefer. (used random numbers here, no idea how big or small the pot would be)

Or

Draw 3 numbers and give something similar %
number 1 = 60%
number 2 = 30%
number 3 = 10%

If 1 of the numbers isn't claimed by any1, it carries over for the next draw.
2007.Apr.06, 02:36 PM

Three numbers is crazy and I would need a random number generator. Believe me, I have no interest in who wins. I just want to get this off and running. This idea has been brought up many times before with no results.

If it goes extremely well then I will have something to take to Zenith. I'd hate for her to start a lottery that craps out or one that no one plays.

My terms are easy enough right now. I am at least thinking that for right now, you send $1k to me with a number. I will actually have someone not even associated with the game pick a number 1-1000. Smile

I will start this asap. Like now. Just need people to get the word out. any issues MSN me. Smile

2007.Apr.06, 02:45 PM

So if no one guesses the number, do you keep the money?
2007.Apr.06, 03:25 PM

no, either 1. the person(s) closest wins a small percentage of the jackpot. or 2. all the money will carry over to the next pot. Max winning is 90% of pot. The 10% will go to the next jackpot. The only money I will ever get back is my original 100k. I will not even be able to play Sad However, if you think this is shady and you feel i will determine the winner as someone i like or what not, DON'T play! Too easy! If you waana have a chance to win some cash then there you go.

2007.Apr.06, 03:40 PM

However a lottery is set up, I will play. As long as the system is trustworthy, which I trust the lottery guru's here can figure out.
2007.Apr.06, 03:55 PM

Rough Draft Review:

-Send Wolverine (3261) $1,000 for entrance to Tuesday Night Draw.
-Then IN-GAME a number between 0-999
-One ticket per player
-two numbers will be picked from 0-999. The first number is 80% of the pot and the second number will be 10% of the pot.
-If the first number is picked correctly and no second number then 20% of the pot carries over.
-If the second number is picked but the first number was not then 80% of the pot carries over.
-10% will always remain. However if this drags out like it possibly could then I will add more numbers to bring pot down.
-My suggestion is to also have a AL Lotto commission of three people to watch the funds so there is no shady business going on. These three reps will be me and two people picked out of whomever volunteers. These other two individuals will be voted on from the community.
-Stipulation of Zen's power. Everything involving lottery will be through in-game messaging. NO MSN on lottery, period. This is your proof of purchase. If Zen intervenes and says no more or whatever then it's done and over. If for any reason this lotto idea sucks and not a lot of players are playing then I will take the current pot and divide it among the active participants of the next lotto. You could either make money or lose money there too.
-The three individuals in charge will NEVER be able to play or talk about anything lottery related in this game to other players. Pretty much the other two are just observers.

OKAY, questions comments! I would like to get this off the ground immediately. OR ASAP>

If you would like to volunteer as a member of the commission then let me know. You cannot play in the lotto only watch and be a "balance" if you wish. If more than two people volunteer, then the two will be voted upon by members of the community.

Let me know, Lotto will open tonight at 1201am server time. Thank you!